• Isle of Man Laxey wheel Sterling Silver Charm
Availability:
In Stock
Product Code:
TC344
£10.75
Not yet rated Write a review

Available Options

INFOFACTS - Overlooking Laxey Village on the Isle of Man is the Great Laxey Wheel. It was built in 1854 to pump water from the workings of the Great Laxey Mining Company. The wheel began operating in September 1854 and ceased in 1929 when the mine was closed. It was named “Lady Isabella” in honour of the wife of the then governor of the island. The wheel has a diameter of 22.1 m (72 ft 6 inches) and a width of 1.8 m (6 ft). It is capable of pumping 1,137 litres (250 gallons) of water per minute from a depth of around 450 m (1,500 ft)

Sterling silver ISLE OF MAN LAXEY WHEEL charm which measures approx 16 x 17 x 5mm and weighs approx 2.9g

All charms are delivered with a split ring attached

 

Share

Write a review